Install HSM USB Serial Driver v3.5.25
- Copy the installer to the local device and extract the .zip
- Install the HSM USB Serial Driver v3.5.25
- Open a Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Navigate to the installer directory. cd path\to\the\installer\directory
- Run ./setup.bat /silent /install /machine
- Confirm the drive package installation in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs.
- Open Device Manager.
- Plug the scanner into a USB port on the device.
- Confirm the scanner name is listed under Ports (COM & LPT).
- If the scanner appears as USB Serial Device, check driver installation. Device is using the generic Windows driver. Confirm the Honeywell driver installed correctly.
- If the scanner appears as an HID device, scan the USB Serial Emulation code in the device support manual.
- Set the scanner port and baud rate.
- Right click the scanner and select properties.
- Click the Port Settings tab.
- Set the following parameters:
- Bits per second: 9600
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop bits: 1
- Flow control: None
- Click Advanced.
- Set the COM port number:
- COM Port: COM8 or the COM number set in Newton for the POS line.
- Click OK on both windows to save settings.
Test the scanner input using a serial terminal emulator.
Test Scanner Using Putty Terminal
- Open Putty terminal.
- Select connection type: Serial.
- Enter the COM port in the Serial Line. The device COM port can be found in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT).
- Open the connection.
- Scan a test barcode. The text will appear in the terminal window.