This article covers how to utilize the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and Microsoft Remote Desktop client to remotely connect to a DCS Desktop PC.
Connect to Dothan City Schools VPN – Cisco Anyconnect
Initial Setup – Performed once per user
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- Click the gear icon to open preferences.
- If checked, uncheck Block connections to untrusted servers.
- Close the preferences dialog box.
Connecting to the Dothan City Schools VPN
- If not already open, open the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- Enter dothancity-vpn.asc.edu in the connection box and click connect.
- If prompted with a security warning, click Connect Anyway. The credentials dialog box will then appear.
- Select the group Dothan City Central Office and enter the username and password that was provided by DCS Technology Services.
- Click OK.
- Once connected, A green check will show by the lock icon.
Connect to Remote Desk PC – Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client.
- Enter in the Computer name or IP address the was provided by DCS Technology Services in the Computer field and click connect. The credentials dialog box will appear.
- Enter in your DCS Network Credentials and click OK.
- If presented with any security prompts, click YES or Continue.
- Once connected, A window with the remote PCs desktop will appear.